Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The importance of social media [in a nutshell]

With the start of the 23 Things, I decided to do a little research about the use of Web 2.0 in libraries. I stumbled across a blog that particularly interested me and thought I would share. Information Tyrannosaur is the blog of Andrew Burkhardt, an Emerging Technologies Librarian at Champlain College in Burlington, VT.

In his post, "Four Reasons Libraries Should be on Social Media," Burkhardt provides four bullet points on reasons why the library industry should look to Web 2.0 as its future. I really enjoyed perusing his blog-- he has a lot of interesting ideas on multiple topics regarding libraries. I'll definitely be a regular visitor of his.

Just another reason I am extremely excited about NOPL's 23 Things!

(And I'm having great fun commenting on everyone's blog :) )

2 comments:

  1. If you ever get up to Burlington VT to visit Andy there is a place called AL'S that has awesome fries and burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Of course I had to read that around lunch time.. now I'm hungry for burgers and fries.

    ReplyDelete